Standing committees are accountable to the Board, consider matters that fall within their specific areas of responsibility, and bring recommendations to the Board for decision.
Governance and Nominations
The Governance and Nominations Committee:
- Reviews the structure, terms of reference and operations of the Board and its committees and recommends to the Board any amendments to said structure, terms of reference and operations.
- Considers for review or recommendation any other matter properly referred to the committee by the Board.
- Prepares the slate of Board candidates for the Annual General Meeting.
- Defines the annual reporting processes for the Executive Director and Business Manager.
- Reviews bylaws and recommends updates as required.
Committee membership includes the Past President, Secretary, two Board members and the Executive Director (Ex-Officio and Support). The committee is usually chaired by the Past President. If the Past President position should be vacant, the Secretary will serve as chair.
The Human Resources Committee:
- Reviews and develops HR policies for Board approval.
- Oversees performance evaluation of the Executive Director.
- Recommends to the Board compensation for the Executive Director.
- Develops HR policies and defines annual reporting processes for the Executive Director and Business Manager, for consideration by the Board.
Committee membership includes the members of the Executive Committee and the Business Manager (Ex-Officio and Support).
Finance and Audit
The Finance and Audit Committee:
- Oversees the financial reporting process and internal controls including:
- The integrity of the financial statements
- The rigour of the budgeting process
- The independence, qualifications and performance of the independent auditors
- The assessment of the internal controls
- Recommends to the Board at the Annual General Meeting the appointment of the external auditors.
Committee membership includes the Treasurer, Past Treasurer, one Board member and the Executive Director (Ex-Officio and Support).